Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Absolutely. Horrible.

If you had asked me earlier today what movie is the worst that I ever have seen, I probably would have told you "Across the Universe." I watched it with Landon and his roommate Jayme, and it was insipid, it had no plot and it totally massacred several great Beatles' tunes. (Not that I am a great Beatles fan, but come on... even they deserved better than that!) No one should EVER watch this movie!



However, this evening I had the good (?) fortune of sitting through "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist." Holy. Shit. Worst movie EVER!

That having been said, I am recommending it to EVERYONE. There are some movies that are so bad that everyone should see them just to be sure they know what a bad movie is. This "film" had an insipid underdeveloped plot, a bunch of sight gags that sucked, some really shitty acting and absolutely no sense of direction.

I watched it with my friend James, who had cooked dinner (a nice Sicilian-style feast!). I had the choice of movies, and while I could have went with "Goodfellas," any of the "Godfather" films, "Mambo Kings" or "The Big Lebowski," I chose this. I'm kind of glad that I did, simply for the fact that James and I had to sit through it together and share equally in the misery.

For anyone who has seen all the "Godfather" films, though, I will tell you that "Kung Pow" as least has this going for it: At least it didn't have Sofia Fucking Coppola in it.

Plus, there was one mildly intriguing scene that involved a remix of Wham Jam's "Black Betty."

No comments: