Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thank GOD!!!


I took a nice little walk this afternoon. Not for exercise, really, mind you. It was just an excuse to spend time with Landon's dog, Grady, who just might be my most favorite dog ever. I love dogs, but unfortunately, I am allergic to them; having one in my own house causes absolute misery. I know there are way around that, but when Jerod had his dog, Moe, here, I pretty much was stuffed up and wheezing all the time.

Anyhow, walking the dog is not the point.

Point is, while Grady and I were walking, I saw something that nearly made me weep. See those little yellow crocuses up there? They were in bloom this afternoon. Which means that THIS FUCKING HORRIBLE-ASS, PIECE OF SHIT WINTER IS ALMOST GONE!

Anyone who really knows me knows that I love winter and cold. I truly do. The snow, the brisk wind... all of it! (Come on, I'm fat and I sweat and there's only so much clothing I can take off during the summer!)

However, this winter has been miserable. It has been cold and snowy and icy off and on since November. Five months of winter is too much!

I can't wait for spring this year. I can't wait for green trees, flower beds bursting with color, Tower Grove Park bustling with life! It's going to be an amazing spring, I can tell.

Maybe it's just the Wellbutrin, but I don't really care. It's time to celebrate rebirth!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Love the picture, it gives me hope that this hell will soon end!