Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's up, doc?

I just got back from the doctor a bit ago.

The conversation went something like this:

ME: So my right shoulder and arm are in a lot of pain.

DR. P: Here, I'll give you some pain meds.

ME: Will these knock me out?

DR. P: Nope.

ME: Damn. Got anything stronger?

DR. P: Well, then here is some vicodin, percocet and dilaudid.

Okay, so that last part didn't really happen. The doctor just thinks I have some nerve inflammation in my shoulder and hip (I had some weird reflex stuff in my right leg going on, too) that is causing the pain.

He gave me some celebrex and lyrica, so we'll see how these work out. I have to take them for two weeks, which for the time being brings the number of different pills that I have to take each day to 5. Ugh.

He also did draw blood, which sucked. Ugh.

However, I did lose 6 more pounds over the past 3 weeks, which makes me VERY happy!

1 comment:

mamakohl said...

Man, I'd have offered to do dirty things for Dilauded. ;-)

Happy Happy news about the 6lbs! YEEHAW!