Thursday, February 14, 2008

And one more thing...



Love songs can suck it, too.

Although I do love "I Will Always Love You." But it's not really a love song because it's about leaving.

This comes up because I was listening to a remix of Whitney Houston's version of the song today at work. My friend Landon has re-awakened my interest in Whitney, and my friend Ryan hooked me up with some tracks for iTunes. (They rock!)

Nonetheless, I also listened to Dolly Parton's original (also provided by Ryan!) today. And I have to repeat what I told Landon the other night: Even though I do love Whitney and her AMAZING voice, I prefer Dolly's version.

2 comments:

ERICA SMITH said...

Of *course* the original is better!

(I really wanted to embed the video, but Blogger did not agree. Damn you, Blogger, and your Dolley Parton-hating ways!)

Jason Lewton said...

Thanks, Toots. I went ahead and embedded the video for ya!