Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New reading materials!

On the advice of my friend Ryan, I decided to order the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. It arrived the other day, and I am going to be starting it in a few minutes.

It's a book about abandoning the ego behind, and I am really excited to start it. I, of course, will be posting about my thoughts while reading the book.

I also ordered a book called "Journal of a Novel: The 'East of Eden' Letters" by John Steinbeck. It's a collection of letters he wrote to his publisher while he wrote "Eden" in 1951. "East of Eden" is, of course, my favorite book of all time. After I finish the collection of letters, I will be rereading it, with, I hope, a new perspective on what I consider to be the greatest novel ever.

Come back from time to time and check up on how I am getting along with the books!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you will do whatever oprah says. lemming!