Monday, February 18, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!


No, I'm not talking about winter, which is my favorite season. I'm talking about Spring Training. Pitchers and catcher already are in camp (insert appropriate gay joke here), and position players are reporting this week. What does that mean?

10 DAYS UNTIL SPRING TRAINING GAMES BEGIN!

I have HUGE hopes there year for my beloved Chicago Cubs, who signed Kosuke Fukudome (pronounced Foo-koo-DOH-may, not fuck-you-DO-me like one loyal STLP-D reader thought after seeing his name on the back of a Cubs jersey. Moron.). Fukudome will be making his MLB debut this year after a stellar career in Japan.

Mark Prior is gone (thank God), and we're finally counting on nothing from Kerry Wood other than to contribute some out of the bullpen.

Of course, this optimism for Wrigley's residents ultimately will be shattered and driven into the ground like a discarded cigarette come mid-July, when they are 20 games out of first, but in the meantime, a girl can dream, right?
Go Cubbies!

No comments: