Monday, February 4, 2008

Don't look directly at it!


After years of saying I was going to do it, and I kept putting it off. Finally, though, last night, I got myself tucked, taped and painted and hit the stage as Neara Wang. And it was awesome!
Not saying that I was awesome, but the experience itself was so much fun.
The picture is of me performing my opening number, Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry." Later on, I also performed Suzanne Palmer's "Fascinated." The Fergie number definitely was better, but I still had fun during "Fascinated."
I have to give many thanks to Jai, who went out of his way to help me out and show me the ropes. And to Mark, who let me wear one of his pantsuits. And to Hope Hollaway, who lent me a dress. And to Tim and Laura, who came and cheered me on. And especially to Gabe, James and Landon, who all are rocks for me to lean on, and who all are truly amazing people!
Not so sure I'll be doing it again, but hey... Those two songs were fun!

3 comments:

The Soviet said...

the next time i'm in the lou, i want to witness this in person.

Anonymous said...

you KNOW you'd be there this sunday if you weren't under the weather. drag queen. :)

Anonymous said...

this fall, from the author of "a man in gaucho pants" comes the long-awaited "a man in a pant suit."