Monday, June 9, 2008

Beside myself...

I just got done doing my second night of drag, and let me tell you what... it was a BLAST!

I don't think I've ever had so much fun in my life!

It was such a complete release for me, particularly on the day after my ex-wife got married again. And having all my best friends in St. Louis there made it even more special. People from work, homo friends, neighbors... I'm crying here right now thinking about it! (In a total good way, too, so don't go thinking that this bitch is sad!)

My first number was "Why'd You Come in Here Looking Like That" by Dolly Parton, and I had some HUGE titties for that song! I was really nervous, though, and I think it really showed. My second number, though, was "Big, Blonde, and Beautiful," the Queen Latifah number from the "Hairspray" soundtrack. And I did it in a corset and panties, with knee-high fishnets attached to garters. It was SHIT HOT!!! And I think that, in that number, Neara Wang found her true calling. Bitch is gonna be nothing but camp.

I couldn't have done it without a number of people. First and foremost was Jai Wilson-Tull, also known as Tabbi Kat. Girlfriend can PAINT!

And Veronica Leigh Taylor, who lent me a pair of titties tonight... And Jade Sinclair, who also lent me some titties and who beat the hell out of my wigline...

You all made me SO MUCH better, and I am so grateful!

And to Jerod and Chris and Craig, who all have to work early in the morning, THANK YOU so much! I love you girls dearly!

And to Jack and Molly and Tuffy and Jim and James Walker and Matty and Danny... Having friendly faces in the crowd means so much to a performer... Thank you!

And Andrea and Jenn, and Joe and Jenn... And Cindy... My God, it was a blast having you there!

And to Ryan and Sarah who both sent messages to me in different ways... Girls, God I love you!

And Laura and Merle... Laura, honey, I think you're gonna have a full-time job with the dragscaping!

And to Landon... Just thank you... For everything, kiddo. I really don't deserve it, but your friendship means the world to me! And thank you for bringing Randi!

And to Sasha, you honored me by asking me to be in your fundraiser... Of course I will be there!

And especially to Gabe and James, who have stood by me through so much and have witnessed this whole process finally start to see fruition... Girls, I really don't know where I would be without you. Seriously. I've talked about it and talked about it, and you two were the only ones who really never doubted that I would do it. Your faith means more than words can even begin to express!

I know that I have forgotten people here, and I know that it might bite me in the ass later, but I just had to say all that to the world. I'm on top of the world right now, and, even if it's a character and not really me, I think I might be starting to find a voice. And it's amazing!

I love you all!

2 comments:

mamakohl said...

Work it, Girl!!!

I cannot wait to see those pictures, baby. Then, of course, I'm taking you bra shopping. ;-)

Anonymous said...

gal, you were just givin' it to the kids!