Thursday, June 5, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back

I'm sort of beside myself right now. A couple big things that I have been worrying about that I thought had been resolved are not. And it sucks. Real bad.

My roommate situation I thought had been resolved. My cousin had agreed to move in when my current roommate moved out, but then she bailed on that Tuesday night. Can't blame her, really, since she had gotten back with her ex-girlfriend.

Then one of my good friends, who previously had been given six months to live with lung cancer only to be told earlier this week that it wasn't cancer, found out earlier today that the biopsies indeed do show that he has lymphoma. It's early, and the doctor is confident that it can be treated with chemotherapy.

I hate the roller coaster effect of the last few weeks. Let it be up, or let it be down. I don't know that I have it in me much longer to keep doing both.

No comments: