Sunday, June 1, 2008

Running through my head

For some reason, I have had a bunch of random stuff stuck in my head lately. Two things particularly stand out, though.

The first is the word punanny. For some reason, that popped into my head the moment I woke up today. Don't ask me why; neither you nor I really want to know!

The second is a line from a song that I haven't been able to get out of my head for a few days. Normally when I get a song stuck in my head, I have to listen to it once or twice all the way through, and it goes away. This one hasn't.

The lyric is "You can make a million dollars, but you might lose yourself." It's from the song "Hollywood's not America" by a young singer named Ferras, who hails from a small town in Illinois. I have heard the song many times, and it never really stuck with me. In fact, I have heard most of his album, and while I enjoyed it on the surface, I can't say that I ever found much substance to it. At least, nothing that really stuck with me.

But over the past few days, this line has worked its way into my brain hardcore.

I guess it's just a result of the fact that I really think I have lost myself lately. Maybe not lately. Maybe it happened a LONG time ago and I am just now realizing it. Either way, it certainly has been a constant reminder lately that I am on the right track, trying to find out who I really am.

If you want to hear the whole song, check out this video of him performing live on "Today."

No comments: