Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Best. Weekend. Ever.

So I finally took some time for myself this weekend. I took a personal day on Monday, and I spent three days with two of the people I am closest to in the world. I spent time in both Columbia, Mo., and Springfield, Mo., and I was able to vent/relax/say things that needed to be said - both to myself and to other people. It was fabulous!

To Sarah and Ryan - I hope you both see this, and I hope you both know and understand that I will forever be grateful to you both. And just in case I ever forget about how good it felt to do something for ME for a change, all I have to do is look at my wrist and the new tattoo of the phoenix. It's a permanent reminder that I, too, can rise from my own ashes and soar.

I truly love you both!

(More on the new tattoo later!)

3 comments:

carrie said...

Good for you!!!

mamakohl said...

Oh love, it was divine, wasn't it? Hope my ol' tired ass didn't slow you down too much.

I love you to bits and pieces.

DirectMale83 said...

Aww, girl! I am so glad you came down, too. It was a great weekend for me also. I was just sad you had to go! By the way, the waiter from Nonna's never called. His loss, lol.