Friday, January 18, 2008

The Internet is down

At least, at work it was down all day. Funny how dependent we have become on the World Wide Web.

I never had an online connection at my old apartment, nor did I have cable. I kind of liked having a hideaway from the world. But I always was able to access the Net from work.

Not having that today was bizarre. Everyone was walking around like zombies; no one knew what to do.

I hope they get the connection back up soon, at least for the sake of the people working the night side tonight. Having to actually *gasp* walk to someone's desk and talk to them rather than use an instant messenger is horrible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, it was horrible! connectivity was restored around 7, but then we lost it again for about 20 minutes around 10:30. at least the situation gave people something else to talk about besides CANDY.

Jennie said...

I thought it was nice! Like when the power goes out, and everyone heads out to the porch to meet with the neighbors... People were chatting away... then the Net came back up, and it got silent and withrdrawn again. You young people wouldn't understand...