Monday, January 14, 2008

First one

I nearly died this morning, which always is a good way to start the work week. Pulling onto I-44 on my way to the Post-Dispatch, I neglected to look over my shoulder for oncoming traffic and went ahead and started to pull into the next lane.

I normally would never do such a careless thing, but for some reason, I did. And that's when I saw the giant truck that was about to destroy the left side of the back of my car. After squealing of tires and honking of horns and almost some peeing of pants, I was able to get back into the right lane.

Making the whole thing sort of ironic was the fact that the truck was a Miller Lite delivery truck. Go figure. I always have known that booze is going to kill me; I just never figured I would be sober when it happened.

Making the whole thing worse was the fact that I was not wearing my seat belt. Another thing I almost NEVER do, given the fact that my brother died from not wearing his.

Here's hoping that this week ends better than it started!

4 comments:

mamakohl said...

Sweet Maude and Mary Jane, surely you'd die of something better than Miller Lite.

ERICA SMITH said...

Or ... one more reason why work is bad for you?

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Gateway where the I-64 shut down is headline news and a traffic nightmare. Oh the joys!

I can relate... I have to drive in 40 to 270 to 44 every morning.

Anonymous said...

Thank GOD someone came up with a real example of irony. goddamn alanis morrisette making people think coincidences are irony ...